Journal entry:5
Today
is November 14th and this is my 5th post in my blog that
is being posted 17 day after my
fourth blog post. These 17 days of theatre classes were amazing and very
interesting. We are in the verge of finishing the
play streetcar named desire by TennesseeWilliam.
The play is very fascinating,
exciting and very attention grabbing as when I would finished reading one chapter
I did not like to stop rather I would get was so curios to know wants going to
happy next and wanted to read continuously.
The language of the play was very simple. As we were assigned to read
each chapter day by day and we would have class discussion of the chapter’s we
read. What we understood, liked, disliked were discussed by everyone in the
class. Everybody had different opinions and thoughts but we always have great
time-sharing it. There are only about 2-scene left for the play to get over. I
am quite unhappy the play is going to finish, as it has been my favorite play
till date. The assignments were given such, as soliloquy, dialog making and
blocking were very enjoyable and interesting. The games we played during our
double period are fun as always it really does warm up our body and makes us
fresh. Divina, Aayushma and me had gone to watch a play named Tappu, which was
presented in shilpee theatre. At first the play was quite unclear as it was
very complicated but as the play preceded it started to become a bit clear and
understandable. The set was so eye catching as it was so vibrant and stunning.
The lighting and sound very faultless, as they added more live and reality in
the play. After understanding the story
I did like it. I very touched by the play to see children being
a part of the play and enjoying it so much.
In these 17 days I feel that I have accomplished
to become more open as I have started to share my opinion and ideas with the
class without hesitating. I surely love discussing about the chapter we read. As a class we are all getting along well. Most of have started to become more open and sharing while some still need to but might be they will too as time passed by.
Ullens School IB department is going
present a play around February so the auditions were held last week. Miss rose was the
judge and Kim and I were helping her arranging everything as we have been
assigned the assistant directors.There
was re-audition again to finalize the characters. On 14th November
we had the read through we first did some warming exercise that were very
entertaining and then we started to read through. I would like to congratulate
all the people who have been selected. In the read through the people who had
been selected had to read the roles they had been selected in. I would like to
thank Miss rose for giving me the opportunity of being the assistant directory.
As being a theatre student I would definitely increase my knowledge and
understanding towards theater. It is very different for me as I had never been the
assistant director before and this gives me an opportunity to look at theatre in a very
different way than before.
No comments:
Post a Comment