Sunday, November 2, 2014


                                                        Journal entry: 4

           
     Today is November 3rd and this my 4th blog post. It has been posted 16 days after my 3rd blog post. In these 16 days of theatre class we have done a lot of new things.    
        We have started a new play which is A street car named desire by Tennessee Williams. We have covered 2 scenes so far. I enjoyed reading both the scenes it is very attention grabbing and exciting. We were assigned reflections for both the scenes. During the theatre class I really liked conversation we have about the scenes of the play, how everyone shared their ideas of they think of the play, the characters the meaning of different lines of the play. After completing the discussion of both the scene. We formed groups of three or four and each group was assigned a part form act 2 and we had to perform it. We were given 2 theater classes to practice how we would present it to the class. We were divided in six groups. In my group I had divina and Aditya. Aditya was acting a Stanley, Divina as Blanche and I was the director. We had got the flirt moment where Blanche tries to flirt with Stanley. I was with my partners for this assignment as Divina and Aditya are very welcoming and helpful. I think that the both act very well and that they are very confident too. All the six groups had performed well but there is always room for improvement. Every one was confident. While the acts were presented we also had to give feedbacks. We discussed about the feedbacks after all the acts were presented. Everyone gave their suggestion what they liked or disliked or if we missed anything or gave guidance for improvement. Our act did get good complements and our mistakes too were pointed out which we will surely improve if we get a chance again. I think this activity is very helpful to gain confidence as we are getting a chance to speak in front of everybody. The good point about doing this activity as we are studying this play am sure scene 2 will be the most easy to recall and understand as all the acts presented by my friends we very clear. I had a great time working with divina and Aditya.
        It is also beneficial and a type of practice for the ones who are auditioning this Monday for the paly check please.These two scenes were very easy to understand as
simple language has been used, the 1st play we had studied was Antigone, which was very complicated comparing this one.  I am very excited about this play and I am hoping that the other scenes are more interesting 
   The theater classes were good and I enjoyed them. I thank miss Rose for making our classes very interesting. Hope to have good ones ahead too.
                                                                                            


     

No comments:

Post a Comment