JOURNAL ENTRY: 10
I literally feel so miserable these days as our workload has
increased tremendously. Some time I feel that my assignments are haunting me-
IA, EE research question, FOA, Directors notebook. Our theatre classes are
quite different now, as we have started working on our play “ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT I LEARNED
FROM BEING A ZOMBIE”. We have finished working on blocking for about 4
scenes. In preparation for this play we
also learnt different tips for actors and also about memorizing lines, which
were very help. I have 3 different roles in this play and I must say learning
lines for ensemble scene was much difficult than learning my monologue. As in
the ensemble scene I have to be very attentive as there will be 18 zombies in
the scene. I really enjoy preparing for the play as our whole class is involved
and this play will be the first time, which we will be actually performing on
the stage. I feel that this is great opportunity for all of us as being theatre
students.
The only
assignment we had this week was to read our play parts and find our goals and
obstacles which all of us did not really understand so we during class our
teacher had explained what we had to actually do and we had to hand our second
draft of our goals and obstacles of our character which I haven’t yet because I
missed school on Thursday. Even though
my teacher had explained our assignment I guess I was still confused, so as for
the instructions I read all my parts couple times and I ended up learning all
my lines much better as before I would sometimes for forget certain lines or
words. The main purpose of this assignment
is for us to understand our character. Understanding our character really helps
us to perform better and also makes us confident while acting in even the if it’s
the silliest character.
Director’s notebook
is one of our theatre assessments. This is the second time we will be doing our
directors notebook as we had done it in 1st semester. The director’s
notebook allows each one of us to be directors and direct two moments of a
published play. The director’s notebook allows us to be very creative and
design two moments. I am pretty excited to be director as this time I will
surely be more prepared. I am still not sure which play I want to direct yet but
I guess I want to do it on Glass menagerie because I am really familiar with
the play and also because I really like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment