Thursday, August 28, 2014


Hello,
          My name is kelly gurung and this is my first Theatre  journal  entry. It’s  been three weeks I have joined Ullens school . This is the first time I have taken theater as my subject and really excited and looking forward to it . I have enjoyed all the theater classes I have attended till now I thank Miss Rose Schwietz  and  all the Theater students . Our  first theater class we had to come up with our   expectation  and goals which I enjoyed a lot sharing my thoughts and hearing others thoughts too and then we had a introductory game where everyone told their name and what they liked  this was really good as every one was new and I dint know most of their names .  I chose theater as my subject as I  found this subject very interesting and different . In the my previous school we dint have this as our subject  . I really love acting . I have taken part in many plays in my previous school  even though I was not the main character but I enjoyed it a lot  and frankly speaking I never tried or auditioned for the main character as I was very shy and afraid  of standing in the stage and speaking in front of everyone. In class 4 I had been given the part to introduce the play I had practiced really hard but as I stepped on the stage I forgot everything .
I cried so much as everybody made fun and I felt like the whole play got spoilt because of me .That was about 8 years ago and I still remember it .As am taking  theater as my subject I really want to  overcome all my fears about preforming in stage , speaking in front of public . By the end of the 2 years of  IB   I  really want to  change and be a  confident person. I am willing to be giving it all that I can so I  can achieve the success I am seeking.
       As a theater student  I really hope everyone has  good understanding , come up with good ideas , respect each others , and enjoy  so  these two years we learn and achieve what  we want to .


What have I learnt so far 

These wonderful there weeks in ib have taught me so much already. Before I use to think theater is just acting or the the place where we preform .But now I have understood theater better  and also the history of theater . After reading and doing research  I have understood The origin of theater ,  Greek , Egyptian , Roman theater  and about the props they used , their costumes , their beliefs .
Theater back then was so different form now .Now days we preform theater to entertain  , express our feeling towards some thing . But back then it was like a ritual which they preformed to worship god , or to  bring sprits .Their theater culture was so rich. In class we had also discussed about   Sophocles , Aeschylus Euripedes and  Aristophanes that these were the most famous play writers of all time .Aristophanes was a comedian also . 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment